Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Illustration Friday: Choose


So I have finally done it and have started a blog. I've always been hesitant about it for fear of jumping on some sort of bandwagon. But rather than uphold some lame pretentious attitude, I've decided that I want to put my drawings up and that I welcome people's criticism. With that being said here is my submission for Illustration Friday's topic "choose". I feel like it got kinda rushed at the end, and I never really think out my color choices. But hey, not bad for a first post. I'm realizing now that I'm writing more than I intended. I may having already contracted the blog bug...going to bed before it gets worse.

16 comments:

valerie walsh said...

Welcome! Really wonderful, it has a nostalgic feeling yet contemporary. It somehow reminds me of things I love from the past! Nice work!

sandy said...

Thats great, good job!

Anastasia said...

too cute!!!

tanaudel said...

Congratulations and welcome! I love the picture - you've caught the concentration of choice and the inevitable difficulty the pet store owner is going to have catching that one fish.

(By the way, your blog only lets people who have blogger accounts comment - I've logged in to do so but am not actually using that account at the moment: I live here Errantry. If you want other people to be able to comment, there should be an option in your controls).

elizabeth said...

You didn't think about the colors much? But they're perfect! Welcome to blogland and Illustration Friday!

neilornstein said...

you are off to a fine start.

Tobio said...

Ithink that is a great illustration, in journalist style, and the color are very fine with just only two tones..

Welcome to friday!

Heather said...

Welcome--and a great first start!

Vhrsti said...

Cool! The boy is supersweet ;-)

Unknown said...

wonderful illustration!!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Cheers,
Diana

Mariana Fossatti said...

Great illustration! Simple, clear and cute.

studio lolo said...

This is a perfect entry. Welcome to "IF!" Hope to see more of your work.

tusen said...

It's very good, actually. Great first entry. The boy's expression is priceless.

Ellen said...

Beautiful work!

Stick said...

Very nice! I just started my blog last month. It's a lot of fun (or just another way to suck up more time that I really don't have). Looking forward to more stuff from you.

Anonymous said...

I actually really liked your use of color- just using the different shades of blue really contrasted with the orange fish and made them stand out just beautifully! I love the excitement on the boy's face too as he chooses a fish- i remember doing that at the fair when i was little... :)